Worms, commonly known as worms, are parasites that inhabit the human body and cause various deviations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Experts can name hundreds of worms, with pinworms, roundworms, and cat flukes being the most common. Although this parasite can cause many problems, it does not pose a particular threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable damage to the human body, including Echinococcus, pneumococcus, and the bovine tapeworm—a tapeworm that can grow to several meters in length.
There are many reasons why worms enter the body, if this happens:
- A person ignores personal hygiene rules;
- Food is not prepared in accordance with hygiene standards;
- eating poorly thermally processed foods;
- eat unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- not washing hands after touching animals;
- bathing in polluted rivers or lakes;
- Insect bites (although infection through bites is extremely rare);
- Usually located next to a sick helminth.
Symptoms of Helminthosis
How to get rid of worms if most worms are present without obvious symptoms? Still, there are some very telling signs:
- Difficulty defecation - some types of worms can block the intestines, causing constipation;
- Diarrhea - frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, as these parasites secrete substances that cause watery stools;
- Gas formation is a very common phenomenon, but if it is observed for more than 14 days, it is likely that the worms have settled in the body;
- Allergy - substances secreted by the worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are the cells that cause allergies;
- Muscle and joint pain - the worm gets into the muscle and moves there, which is the cause of the pain;
- Appearance deterioration - helminthiasis, often signs of external infection - may develop wrinkles, acne, rash, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss;
- Changes in body weight - the body responds to foreign invasions by gaining weight, and if it loses weight, it means that the parasite is drawing useful substances from it;
- Anemia - the worms draw nutrients from the blood, resulting in a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - symptoms due to the release of worms from the body;
- dream of grinding teeth
- Increased fatigue - severe nutritional deficiencies can lead to fatigue and apathy;
- Insomnia - the body begins to actively fight against the worm, so restless sleep or insomnia may occur;
- Fever and cough - The presence of worms can cause breathing difficulties and symptoms of acute respiratory infection.
Before battling worms, you need to test to identify them.
what are dangerous worms
The ever-evolving parasite is perfectly adapted to the human internal environment. Most of the time, people with helminthiasis come to the hospital with various ailments without even suspecting that they are caused by internal parasites.
Almost all worms have small hooks or suckers that stick tightly to the intestinal wall and other organs. They are found all over the body - attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, gut and even the brain. The insidious part about helminthiasis is that doctors often make the wrong diagnosis, which can confuse symptoms. How to remove worms from the body and prevent them from destroying? It is very important to know that curing the worms is only half the battle, as the decaying products they leave behind continue to poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
There are two ways to remove worms from the human body - these are pharmacotherapy and traditional medicine. The removal of worms with medication is divided into three phases - preparation phase, treatment phase and recovery phase. Drugs are broad-spectrum and narrow-spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill any kind of parasite, and narrow-spectrum drugs are used to treat certain types of worms. The most effective of these are:
- Methyl carbamate - available in tablet form to treat enterobiasis and whipworm;
- Ectrahydropyrimidine Derivatives - Suspension or tablet form for the treatment of Ascariasis, Ascariasis, etc. You can use this medication even during pregnancy, but you need to consult your doctor beforehand;
- Benzimidazole Carbamate Derivatives - Available in 3 Types - Suppository, Powder and Tablet to help remove pinworms in children. In addition, it is used for cattle and pork tapeworms, giardia and roundworms. The drug not only destroys the adults but also their larvae.
There are still many medicines that can help with recovery from worms and their decay products. However, the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, so patients will experience headache, indigestion, allergies, general malaise and fatigue after treatment. To destroy parasites, drugs simultaneously damage the microflora of the entire organism, and in this regard, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without the use of medicinal preparations. They actually cause no side effects, gently cleanse the body and help it restore function.
Healing Worms with Herbs
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, special plants with repellent properties are collected, from which decoctions and tinctures are prepared.
- A dry mixture of cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take equal amounts of herbs, mix and consume 5 grams. Drink plenty of warm water on an empty stomach every day with this mixture. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- Wormwood decoction.This remedy for small amounts of worms is very effective, but if exceeded, it can negatively affect the body. Mix lily and wormwood in equal proportions and divide 30 grams. mixture, pour in a glass of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. Drink the decoction half an hour before going to bed.
- Infusion of celandine.Grate the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap it in a towel, and let it cool. The mixture is then filtered and taken twice daily for 3 days. Celandine falls into the category of poisonous plants, but in small amounts it is perfectly safe and very effective against stubborn parasites.
- Inulin tincture.Mix inula root, tansy flowers and dried blueberries in equal proportions. Separate about 40 grams. Pour a glass of water. Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treating worms with folk remedies involves using products that are available to all. Onions have excellent antibacterial properties and are also used against helminths:
- Cut a little onion in the middle with a knife, pour in a glass of warm water and let it sit overnight. Drink onion tincture on an empty stomach in the morning;
- Twist the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, and mix with three-year aloe vera juice and a spoonful of honey. This mixture should be taken three times a day;
- Squeeze a few medium onions in a meat grinder and pour in half a liter of vodka. Infuse for 10-12 days, then strain and take one tablespoon 3 times a day before meals.
Important to know!People who are prohibited from taking alcohol drugs can use water infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to get rid of worms quickly with garlic:
- Rub a clove of garlic on a fine grater, mix with a warm water, and enema before going to bed;
- Garlic minced and a glass of warm milk drink before going to bed, this method is effective in treating ascaris in children;
- Combine garlic, egg yolks, salted herring and warm milk. You need to put it in 100 grams. Several times a day, such a remedy is very effective against tapeworms.
Other ways to treat worms
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done using conventional means.
Pass some green nuts through a meat grinder along with the shells. Bring a cup of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and pour the nuts over it. Wrap the mixture and let it sit for about 3 hours. Then strain and drink the entire infusion at once.
Squeeze the sauerkraut juice and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dried bark are poured into half a liter of vodka. Store in a dark place for 7 days, shaking the container regularly. Strain the tincture and take a teaspoon three to four times a day before meals. The duration of treatment was 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the repelling effect, they can be combined with other products:
- Seeds and Honey - Twist a cup of peeled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach and drink a laxative two or three hours later;
- Seeds and Garlic - Fry the seeds lightly in a dry frying pan and mix with three large cloves of chopped garlic. Add 20 grams. Fresh honey, insist on 12 hours, eat on an empty stomach.
- Seeds and Milk - Grind the seeds and serve with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most effective and safe ways to get rid of worms.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in cognac adults. Although many people are skeptical of this treatment, when used properly, this drink can help get rid of worms quickly and safely.
Dilute 50-70 ml of brandy with an equal amount of tea and drink before bed. When a person falls asleep, the mixture of brandy and tea helps the worms get behind the walls of the internal organs, and then they become especially vulnerable. 2 hours after taking your cognac, you will need to get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine offers many safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important because a child's body is still very fragile and fragile. Unfortunately, however, children do not always understand the need for treatment. In order not to be unpleasant and painful, here are some recipes that little patients will love:
- Carrot Honey Juice - Mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a tablespoon of fresh honey. If your child likes carrots, you can simply grate them and add honey for your baby to eat;
- Roast pumpkin seeds a little, grind and mix with honey. Children will happily eat this mixture.
If symptoms are threatening, use herbal decoctions, garlic enemas, and laxatives.
Prevention is better than cure for any disease, so to keep parasites out of your body, you should follow a few simple rules:
- Wash your hands as often as possible, especially after going out and before eating;
- Wash all eaten vegetables and fruits;
- Thorough heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- Cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- Limit contact with street animals;
- The pet is systematically shown to the veterinarian.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment, you can get rid of it very quickly.